Wednesday, January 6, 2016

[Inspiration | Musing] I Am The Woman I Am


I may not be pretty, I may not be perfect. I may not live up to society's expectation of what beauty is all about, I am not thin and slim, I do not fit into some clothes, I don't wear my makeup in a pristine manner, I don't have glowing pore-less skin most of the time, I don't have the patience to not give my best, I don't just listen to beautiful sugar-coated words but rather the things or action that you can show me. 

I am me, I am imperfect, I am a woman with too much softness and self-sacrificing qualities that may deem weak, some may even think that I am shallow for being a blogger, or flaunting the better things in life I have for being a blogger. Yes, I can seem pretentious in this fabricated alternate reality sort of make-believe "perfectly" enjoyable life that I have carved out for myself, since I started blogging. 

But


I am who I am. I am a mother of two growing boys, I am a full time screenwriter producer who runs a boutique production house, I am also a self-absorbed woman who loves to write freely, who wants to explore the inner works of what it takes to be a woman. I am a woman who just love to share the appreciation of beauty, to advocate finding beauty in life, and sharing them. 

I am learning to live better, love (myself) better, let go more, worry less, balance life better, not be judgmental, I am working on myself. I am seeing myself in a different light, now onwards. I am striving to be truthful towards my own feelings and emotions. I am a woman with conflicting thoughts, questioning myself if I am being who I really am or becoming that virtual version of that make-believe blogger that I portray myself to be? Are these two personalities the same? They merge or are they completely different? 

Questions left unanswered, and to be explored and determined. I would like to conclude one thing

I am the woman I am, and strive to be.

Have you been the woman you are? 

Isabeli Fontana for Porter Magazine. Visuals via MyBougeotte here

With love, 
Jeann
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

10 comments :

  1. Beautifully written Jeann! This was so inspiring to read. I don't know if I'm the woman I want to be yet but I feel like the more I'm able to be myself the more I'm growing closing to that point!
    As for your virtual you - it is as much 'you' as you want it to be!
    Have a great day Jeann!
    http://www.theavantguardian.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe so, each day we are being closer to ourselves if we try to the more of us. I am sure you are becoming the woman you intend to be!

      Delete
  2. oh my!!! dear Jeann, so beautiful and inspiring, I have tears in my eyes.....
    I work everyday to be the woman I want to be, the mother, the sister, the daughter, etc somedays are easier than others but I love the endless learning process of it.
    You are a beautiful woman dear Jeann.
    Thanks for sharing such a beautiful post.
    Baci Are.
    Glamoury Armory Blog



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more with you. Today's women carry so many different roles in the society and we do have good and bad days. You are truly a gem and one heck of a woman yourself there, my dear Arely!

      Delete
  3. You see, this is one of the many reason why I love you, Jeann. You're real, not pretentious and the best of all, you're realistic and I have so much respect for who you are after reading this. Who I am as a woman? The best I can describe myself is I bounce between socially awkward and super chatty/friendly and a total klutz. I really hope we'll get the chance to meet, it would make my day if I get to sit down in a kopitiam and have a chat with you. xx

    Reflection of Sanity | StayLean Tea Australia Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaawww thanks so much for the kind words. You are so real yourself, which is why I love you. Am sure that day will come, let's make it happen when you come back to KL and we shall have that cuppa coffee, Shireen *_^

      Delete
  4. This was so lovely to read. I think all of us could use some perspective on ourselves sometimes. This was really inspiring! Thanks for sharing this :)
    xo Kiki
    http://colormekiki.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind words, Kiki *_^ Yes indeed, we do need some perspective on ourselves once in a while to get us back in checked. I sure needed one!

      Delete
  5. I feel like I am constantly dealing with the fact that I am imperfect when I see/think that others are, and it's something I found difficult to deal with. Your post was absolutely amazing: such beautiful words and inspiring photos. Love it

    XOXO,

    HaeMin
    HAEKUNAMATATA Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess imperfections are what makes us unique and who we really are, Haemin! You are so pretty already, but I guess it is human nature to compare ourselves with others. I believe we need to strike a balance between who we really are and whom we try to leave up to, how society sees us *_^

      Nice to see you and you have a lovely blog! Hope to see more of you here *_^

      Delete

Thanks so much for dropping by and say hi. Love to hear your thoughts and will read them all! See you again *_^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...