Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Shiseido Professional Asian Texture Trend 2016 With Kim Hyun Tae


One of the many things that frames a person's face well is most definitely how the hair looks. Keeping healthy hair is essential, maintaining and updating the hair style that fits your personality while keeping updated, to a certain extend, with the current trend helps boost a confident image too. We recently had the pleasure to sit down with the CEO of RaBeauty Core Salon, the renowned Korean hair stylist, Kim Hyun Tae and got some tips in terms of what's trending in the hair industry, one that Shiseido Professional called it the Asian Texture Trend 2016. Let's check them out, shall we?

Visual courtesy of Shiseido Professional Malaysia
Visual courtesy of Shiseido Professional Malaysia

Apparently, what is trending in 2016 in Korea is the wavy styles. Wavy hair and curls has been a beauty staple for several consecutive occasions, and this trend is set to continue. The natural loose curls, also known as the famous "Korean" big waves are the trending looks now and also in the upcoming season. Just think - those lovely Korean actresses and you will get the big idea. Here are some, shown above, compiled via LUMI's Korean Faces Pinterest board here. According to Mr. Kim Hyun Tae, with his 15 years of experience in the haircare business and styling the likes of Korean beauties like actress Song Hye Kyo, amongst others, revealed that Koreans love to see women in wavy or curls hairstyle is because this trend usually compliments the face structure well and makes the women look young. When one looks younger, most naturally, they would come across more appealing and pleasing to the eyes.


Visual courtesy of Shiseido Professional Malaysia

That day, Mr. Kim presented us three different hair textures, the glamorously long (long hair length), elegantly medium (mid-length hair) and innocently-short (short hair length) on some local models. He explained that, in order to achieve these wavy and curl looks, one needs to go through perming the hair. Besides the all-new revolutionized perm by Shiseido Professional, one will also be able to create big, voluminous, airy and loose waves with the new styling product, Shiseido Professional Stage Works Geleé Shake. This styling product styles hair with a beauty serum, which allows the waves to look naturally beautiful and brimming with moisture. All one needs to do is shake the bottle, spritz it onto the hair and rub it into the strands.


Shiseido Professional Stage Works Geleé Shake (150ml, MYR93)
Formulated with skincare technology, the Geleé Shake contains honey moisturizing ingredients that deliver superb moisturizing effect to the hair. Its rich and thick texture of the product serves as a veil of moisture and protection. It also contains humidity-control ingredients, such as Maltitol and Macadamia Nut Oil α that blocks humidity while providing long-lasting sumptuous texture to long wavy hair.


We love the fact that it is super easy to use, feels lightweight, non-sticky, close to gel-like sort of texture and does not weigh down our short hair, and feels refreshing indeed. It does not seem to have a strong scent to it and keeps our mane looking tidy all day long. We are enjoying it ever since we got this one. We are also loving the other product that came with it, the Stage Works Super Hard Gel. Don't be mislead but the word "hard", it is not exactly stone-hard kind of effect. This clear gel has just enough holding power to style your hair, giving it that more structured look, and not that super stiff look that one may imagined *_^

It was great fun learning from the expert all the way from Korea that day and thanks Shiseido Professional Malaysia for the love! The Geleé Shake is available at all Shiseido Professional Salons.

Hope that you are having a happy and lovely week so far, lovelies *_^

With love, 
Jeann
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

10 comments :

  1. It's so strange to see Shiseido as a hair brand, I can't get past that it's a skincare brand that's trying to do too many stuff. :-/

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha just gotta get used to it, dearie. Shiseido Professional has been around for ages *_^

      Delete
  2. The Professional Stage Works Geleé Shake sounds like a really innovative and cool product and it looks luxurious as well. I'm not all that surprised to hear that wavey hair continues to be the trend considering most actresses there seem to sport them. Actually straight hair seems to be very rare. I do think it's quite flattering since waves tend to create a softer and fuller look. I just don't get why they love that weird orange hair color that is so not flattering.

    I'm so happy to hear that you finally watched The Healer and that you enjoyed it. Ji Chang Wook's performance was a big draw and he pulled it off really well. He had a stunt person but he still had to do a good deal of his own action. He's really popular all over Asia now because of Healer especially in China. He even performed in a New Year's concert there. I love his singing as much as his acting!
    https://www.facebook.com/rolalaloves/posts/947969908572792

    Hope you're having an awesome week Jeann!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my!! Seriously? I didn't know he can sing though, haha I must check it out then. I am not surprised at all that he's huge after HEALER, Rowena. I read somewhere he made it big in Emperor Ki or something.

      I wonder what's his next project though *_^

      Delete
  3. Hello Bella, I have to say I feel so in "trend" right now, my hair is naturally wavy!! and now that I chop it off it gets even more curls, My hair was long but I keep it most of the time in a bun, I feel so free with my new hair ahaha plus I am so curious about this product, I wonder if the have available here.....
    I must stop by the Shiseido counter!
    Have a gorgeous day my dearest.
    Glamoury Armory Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha wow! you have chopped off your hair a little? Great for you! sounds like you are SO in trend! haha

      Yeah, I have always had short hair too, that is how I like it.

      Delete
  4. Well then I am right on trend as I have been curling my hair b/c I don't like the way it was cut...too blunt and I am still growing out a super bad haircut I got a year ago! I didn't know they made hair care products, nice to know.

    Allie of ALLIENYC
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oops sorry to hear about that, Allie... one year ago? Guess you are trying to keep it long then, huh? Must have been quite a fair bit of work everyday, having to curl your hair, I can't imagine that as I don't usually spend much time on my hair, that's one of the reasons I keep them super short! haha'

      Delete
  5. Shiseido's Gelee Shake sounds absolutely fantastic, Jeann! A product which can stand torn against humidity is what I need. Going out with nice hair and coming back with a totally flat one is not glamorous at all you know! Haha! Especially when shooting looks... ;D Thank you for the inspiring hairstyles, Jeann they remind me of an urgent appointment to my hairdresser who I avoid for such a long time. Hehe! Wishing a fabulous weekend, my dear friend!! <3

    xoxo Ira
    JOURNAL OF STYLE / BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, I hope you have gotten your great hair cut with your hairstylist by now, Ira *_^ I know what you mean, even though I have really short hair, I do in need of some volume too!!

      Delete

Thanks so much for dropping by and say hi. Love to hear your thoughts and will read them all! See you again *_^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...