Wednesday, September 24, 2014

The Latest From Burberry Fragrance: My Burberry


"My Burberry
is the true embodiment of our brand in scent, in design and in attitude
A fragrance that takes its lead from the iconic Burberry trench
has to be outstanding in every way"

Christopher Bailey, Chief Creative and Chief Executive Officer, Burberry

Walking in the London garden of white roses and sweet pea, I brush my fingers gingerly across the petals, the afternoon rain has just subsided, the water droplets glide innocently onto the grass that greets them, with a warm welcome. The clouds have dispersed to reveal the glorious sun. The scent in the air, is moist and damp, but fresh with the most beautiful clean and elegant smell of roses and sweet pea. This is the only scent I vividly remember, that very afternoon. I remember wrapping myself tightly, hugging my Burberry trench, and walking across the street, to my love who is already waiting. He brushes the little droplets off my trench coat, gives me a kiss on the cheek and smiles, whispering into my ears, "You smell deliciously lovely, my darling!" That was indeed, my perfect afternoon walk in the light afternoon rain. 
Now, here comes the sun! How magical.




The new fragrance for women, inspired by the iconic Burberry trench coat, My Burberry is officially introduced starting September this year. My Burberry takes its name from the affectionate way in which fans of Burberry refer to their trench coat. A timeless classic, according to the brand, it is the ultimate expression of its past and future. 


Working and collaborating closely with renowned perfumer Francis Kurkdjian, Christopher Bailey created My Burberry as a grand floral fragrance but with an unexpected edge. If you love a scent that is confident yet beautifully elegant and understatedly British style, then My Burberry is perfect for you! 


The bottle reflects the design of the trench coat. The horn-finish cap mimics the buttons of the coat while the hand-tied knot is in English-woven gabardine, invented by Thomas Burberryway back in 1879! Most definitely a nostalgic fragrance paying homage to the brand's great history and heritage.


Francis Kurkdjian has this to say about the latest fragrance, "We have created a beautifully crafted grand floral unique to Burberry - the perfect accompaniment to the Burberry trench"


Top notes of sweet pea and bergamot fused with a heart of geranium leaf, golden quince and freesia, rounded out with base notes of rain-tipped damask, centifolia roses and patchouli. It's a dazzling, slightly fruity, floral note. View My Burberry in details here


Now, with such an iconic new fragrance, who is best to represent it if not the classic iconic British supermodel Kate Moss and the long-time collaboration model with Burberry, Cara Delevingne? Both photographed together in the ad campaign for the very first time by photographer Mario Testino! They both look absolutely lovely, in the Sandringham Heritage Trench Coat, playing in the "rain". Check out the video below for more. You can choose to actually monogram your own bottle of My Burberry with your initials. How awesome is that, right?



Most definitely a perfect gift for the Christmas season to come. We love the solid glass bottle design and that little classic knot tied around the cap. Simple and elegantly tasteful. As for scent, will have to check them out over the counter to explore more *_^

All pictures courtesy of Burberry Malaysia. Hope you will have a beautifully scented week and months to come! Stay luminous, always *_^

Facebook    |    Instagram    |    Pinterest    |    Flicker    |    Twitter    |    Bloglovin    |    Polyvore
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

2 comments :

  1. OMG!! Lumineej! I need this in my Life!!! I love burberry !
    http://www.glamouryarmory.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Arely! We love burberry too *_^ Am sure this will come to you in due time! Am definitely keen on their earlier perfume, SHEER myself. Definitely on my wish list!

      Thanks for dropping by and say hi *_^

      Love,
      Jeann

      Delete

Thanks so much for dropping by and say hi. Love to hear your thoughts and will read them all! See you again *_^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...